My all time 13 Favorite movies
1. Sound of Music – it always remind me of my mother she fondly watch this film every time she have time to watch it.(she love the song “Edelweiss”. It always amused us especially the uplifting music sang by the Von Trapp kids. And of course the handsome Captain Von Trapp Christopher Plummer.
2. Air force One – one of my favorite actor Harrison Ford he’s really a thumbs up with regards to action. I love his line telling to the villain “Get off my plane!”
3. Enemy at the Gate – love the tandem of Jude Law and Rachel Welch. I was amazed by the “sniper” character of Jude Law and how he able to kill Ed Harris (sent by the Nazi to assassinate Law)
4. Sleepless in Seattle- the team up of Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks, Hanks kid serves as the cupid to find for his father’s new partner (after his mother died few months ago) through the radio station. Even Ryan was engaged then she was attracted to the story of Hanks and the rest is history.
5. Nothing Hills – of course my favorite Julia Roberts film, match with Hugh Grant, one of my fave actor too. Roberts as a celebrity then but found solace to the simplicity of life of Grant (a bookshop owner) and his family. How cute the line of Grant when he was slipped upon climbing over the park fence “Oops, sedacious!”
6. The Rock- tandem of my 3 favorite actors Sean Connery, Nicolas Cage and Ed Harris. All the actions scene were very much unforgettable specially the ambush in the tunnel, because of the tension one member of Harris was accidentally slip a cracked stone followed by the exchanged of fire and all the armies of Connery and Cage were dead except them.
7. Must Love Dogs – Diane Lane have hard time to find for a perfect man whom she will love the rest of her life. Through the effort of her sister which engaged her in a dating site John Cusack (a broken hearted) was one who were attracted to her and tries to meet her with a dog which he just borrowed from a friend just to meet her requirement. I love the relationship of the father Christopher Plummer (My Capt. in the sound of Music) and daughters here.
8. House of Flying Daggers – love the "echo game" done by the blind dancer Ziyi Zhang. The action effects of flying daggers and there fightings on the treetop against the warriors. And the love between Takeshi Kaneshiro and Ziyi Zhang was developed and end only into a tragedy.
9. Forrest Gump-The popular line “Life is like a bunch of chocolates, you’ll never know what you’ll get” This movie also remind us the saying “big things comes from small things”
10. The Entrapment- the professional theft tandem of Sean Connery and Catherine Zeta Jones. Fascinated by the dancing theft style of Jones and the actions in the Malaysian international bank tower.
11. Way Back into Love-just love the melody of the song and of course it’s Hugh Grant.
12. Ella Enchanted-the special gift bestowed upon her by her fairy godmother “the obedience” of Ella evolved on this movie. It’s very entertaining that brings to the screen a colorful, rousing adventure that has fairies, elves, ogres, giants, a talking snake, high intrigue, greed, banishment and slavery. I love also the line of Ella’s mother “what’s inside you is stronger than any spell,” which released her from the spell and that happily-ever-after finale that is bound to entertain both the young and the young at heart.
13. Face off-the tandem of (gov’t agent) John Travolta and Nicolas Cage (terrorist) which the chaos started by interchanging their face in order to infiltrate terrorist ranks and acquire information about a plot to blow up Los Angeles.
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants